|کد مقابل را وارد نمایید|
این صفحه برای دوست شما با موفقیت ارسال شد.
745 مرتبه مشاهده شده
Virtual point-to-point connections for NoCs
- Main Entry: Modarressi, M.
- Title:Virtual point-to-point connections for NoCs.
- Abstract:In this paper, we aim to improve the performance and power metrics of packet-switched network-on-chips (NoCs) and benefits from the scalability and resource utilization advantages of NoCs and superior communication performance of point-to-point dedicated links. The proposed method sets up the virtual point-to-point (VIP) connections over one virtual channel (which bypasses the entire router pipeline) at each physical channel of the NoC. We present two schemes for constructing such VIP circuits. In the first scheme, the circuits are constructed for an application based on its task-graph at design time. The second scheme addresses constructing the connections at run-time using a light-weight setup network. It involves monitoring the NoC traffic in order to detect heavy communication flows and setting up a VIP connection for them using a run-time circuit construction mechanism. The proposed mechanism is compared to a traditional packet-switched NoC and some modern switching mechanisms and the results show a significant reduction in the network power and latency over the other considered NoCs
- Notes:Sharif Repository
- Subject:Performance evaluation.
- Subject:Power consumption.
- Subject:Virtual point-to-point (VIP)
- Subject:Multiprocessor system on chips.
- Subject:Network on chip.
- Subject:Virtual points.
- Subject:Application specific integrated circuits.
- Subject:Biological materials.
- Subject:Embedded systems.
- Subject:Microprocessor chips.
- Subject:Multiprocessing systems.
- Subject:Packet networks.
- Subject:Programmable logic controllers.
- Subject:Switching circuits.
- Subject:VLSI circuits.
- Added Entry:Tavakkol, A.
- Added Entry:Sarbazi-Azad, H.
- Added Entry:Sharif University of Technology.
- Source: IEEE Transactions on Computer-Aided Design of Integrated Circuits and Systems ; Vol. 29, issue. 6 , 2010 , p. 855-868 ; ISSN: 02780070
- Web Site:http://ieeexplore.ieee.org/xpl/login.jsp?tp=&arnumber=5467328&url=http%3A%2F%2Fieeexplore.ieee.org%2Fxpls%2Fabs_all.jsp%3Farnumber%3D5467328